The Communications and Country Innovations Program Officer provides staff support in the communication and country innovations component. An integral part of this Terms of Reference is the creation of the 3-month Work Plan. The Program Officer will report directly to the Communications Manager and the Country Innovations Manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Development Studies, Public Administration, Social Sciences or any related field (Masters Degree is an advantage)
- Has at least 2 years experience in the field of journalism or research
- Has strong oral and written communication skills and in-depth understanding of strategic communication approaches and tools
- Familiarity with social media and other internet-based communication platforms
- Organized, responsible and be able and willing to work under pressure and deliver timely results following an agreed schedule.
- Has good interpersonal skills and is a good team player
The Project Officer’s specific duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Assist in the implementation of ANSA–EAP Country Innovations strategy which includes the following:
- Consolidation of knowledge products of ANSA–EAP including best practices from different countries;
- Coordination of regional network through regular meetings and online correspondences;
- Finalization of strategy for innovations;
- Finalization of innovations learning module;
- Consolidated component report for country innovations.
- Assist in the implementation of ANSA–EAP communications strategy which includes the following:
- Package and promote different ANSA–EAP activities using different ICT platforms;
- Prepare a consolidated component report;
- Partner with different organizations and institutions for the promotion of ANSA–EAP;
- Complete the ANSA–EAP standard communication systems and protocols;
- Develop a generic communications kit;
- Assist in the development of proposals and concept notes for ANSA–EAP;
- Attend all Communications and Country Innovations component meetings and prepare minutes of the meetings to be submitted to the respective managers;
- Assist in programs and activities related to communications and country innovations;
- Attend all other ANSA–EAP activities when required;
- Receive and perform delegated tasks from the ANSA–EAP Communications Manager or the Country Innovations Manager or their delegated representative on a case-to-case basis including assistance in logistical and communications efforts in all ANSA–EAP events and activities; and
- Attend scheduled ANSA–EAP Team Meetings.
- ANSA–EAP portfolio of projects and best practices;
- Final ANSA–EAP Country Innovations learning module;
- Final ANSA–EAP Country innovations strategy;
- Standard ANSA–EAP communications system and protocols;
- Write-ups/articles for ANSA–EAP;
- ANSA–EAP generic communications kit;
- Minutes of component meetings;
- Monthly Work Accomplishment Report; and
- End-of-Contract Report and other reports, as required.